This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may get a small monetary reward if you sign up for a programme using my links, at no extra cost to you. I appreciate it if you'd use my links if you decide to sign up. Thank you!
Recently ConvertKit took some extra security measures. That’s a good thing, but it also means that you need to take the steps below to make sure that people signing up for your list via LeadPages indeed keep ending up on your ConvertKit list. You may want to take these steps also for ConvertKit forms you already linked to LeadPages, not just for new ones!
Steps to take if you’re using the Standard Builder in LeadPages
- One time step: log in to your LeadPages account and click on your name at the top right. Then click on Integrations:Scroll down until you find “Other”. Click on it to activate it. Make sure it says “Connected”:
- Create / open the LeadPage or Leadbox you want to use.
- Click on the sign-up button on the landing page / Leadbox to get the settings for the form to show on the left hand side:
- Click “Integration settings” and select “Other”:
- Go to ConvertKit and create a new form, or open the form you previously connected to LeadPages.
- Click “Settings” at the top, and then “Embed” on the left.
- Choose “Raw HTML” and copy the complete code.
- Go back to the LeadPage you’re working on. Paste the HTML code you copied from ConvertKit into the box on the left inside LeadPages, named HTML code. The box is tiny and you can’t see the full code all at once, but if you just paste it in there, you’re good.
- Scroll down a bit inside the HTML code box, until you see this: <!– Form starts here –>
- Scroll down a tiny bit further until you see something like this:
Make sure it’s exactly that piece of the code, except with a different number of course.
- Add .html right after the word subscribe. It should then look like this:
- Click the blue “Okay” button on the bottom left.
- A pop-up appears, click “Save Changes”.
- Again click the blue “Okay” button on the bottom left.
- Click the green “Save” button at the top right.
- Woohoo you’ve integrated ConvertKit and LeadPages properly, all should function just fine now!